Reading and Comprehension Exercises
Suggestions: Do make this a fun activity rather than a question and answer drill. Read the book without questions at least one time.
- Who are the characters in the story? (All of the animals on the farm.)
- Where does the story take place? (On the farm.)
- What is the story about? (It tells how the different animals greet the day in a different way.)
- How do you think the animals feel about greeting the sun in the morning? (Happy, joyful.)
- How would you describe how you get up in the morning? (Have your child describe how he feels when he gets up in the morning. Is he grumpy or happy or sleepy?)
These answers may vary depending on how your child answers each question.
- Why is it better to greet the sun with happiness rather than grumpiness? (Accept any reasonable answer.)